Hej! My name is Simon. I am a highly talented, versatile graphic designer (yes, I just said that) with over two decades of experience leading complex and challenging in-house and contracted design projects. Demonstrating strong communication, organisational and time management capabilities, I have successfully delivered 99.9% of design project’s ahead of schedule and within budget constraints. With a passion for design and service-delivery, accompanied by an abundance of technical skills, I am able to drive best work practices while positively contributing to your brand’s value and reputation.
- Working alongside the Head of Sustainability, Oceania, I provided the concept and graphic design for Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand’s first-ever Sustainability Report. The 60pp document was prepared with reference to corporate social responsibility (CSR) reporting frameworks including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
- Provided the concept and graphic design for Fujitsu Australia’s first-ever Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). The 12pp document provides a framework for Fujitsu to support the national reconciliation movement.
- Approved as a preferred supplier of graphic design services for Fujitsu Australia Limited.
- Successfully delivered graphic design design services for two multinational hospitality companies – AccorHotels and InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG).
- During the 6 years that I worked with the Marketing Communications department at Concentric Asia Pacific, company revenue increased from $3.5m to $18m.
- Managed the brand development and design of a full suite of marketing collateral for Drug-Safe Australia as they rolled out their franchise nationally.
- Assisted Netstrategies in transitioning their Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product ‘Clarety’ from a fixed-width user interface to a responsive design.
- Provided design, training and technical support for the Mother’s Day Classic – one of Australia’s largest fun runs with over 100,000 participants in more than 100 locations across the country.
- Successfully establish and run a self-owned design consultancy for over 10 years.
- Led and contributed to a design team of four that was responsible for building the profile of Gloria Jean’s Coffees as they expanded from a few stores to more than 200.
- The annual report I designed for the Alzheimer’s Association of NSW was chosen to be displayed in the local talent section of the Mead Annual Report Show.
- A special ‘Drug & Alcohol’ edition of The Stand Youth Newspaper that I designed received an award from the Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers Association (PANPA).
- Discussing “quality tea” with the founder of Dilmah, Merrill J. Fernando – as I provided emergency graphic design services to ensure his new product packaging met strict Australian regulations.
- It was a long time ago, but getting a foot into the industry from Suzanne Mercier, the first woman on the Board of Directors at George Patterson Advertising.
Get in touch
Interested in working together? I’d love to hear from you.